Simca & Matra Sports Club

Nederlandstalig Simca, Matra, Talbot & Sunbeam Forum
Het is nu 20 jun 2018, 01:20

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 1 bericht ] 
Auteur Bericht
BerichtGeplaatst: 03 maart 2018, 06:29 

Kyle Lowry said before the season he'd opt out of the final year of his contract, and he told reporters Monday he still stands by that.So what's next for the All-Star point guard? Typically when a star opts out of his contract it means he's coming back just to sign a larger deal, buy 2K MT but Lowry may actually consider leaving. He's currently on a team that just made several offseason moves to challenge the Cavs, only to be swept by them in the second round of the playoffs.

When asked Monday what he'll seek most as a free agent this offseason, his response was, without hesitation, "A ring. Nothing else. I just want a ring."A ring is hard to come by in this age of basketball, though. The Warriors have built a super team in the West, and LeBron James in the East has been to six straight NBA Finals, showing no signs of slowing down. Even Lowry admitted it's practically impossible to get by James.Via The Vertical from last Friday, after Game 3:

"They've got LeBron James. Nobody's closing the gap on him. I mean, that's it right there: They've got LeBron James and nobody's closing the gap on him."I don't know when his prime is going to stop. I don't think it's going to stop anytime soon. I think he'll be able to continue what he's doing for a long time. But that's basketball. You've got to find a way to beat the best."

Lowry ended the quote with some competitive edge, but it's pretty odd to see an opponent speak like that in the middle of a playoff series. He seems to have at least given some thought about playing in the West, away from James.

MMOgo's Zach Lowe spoke with the team's general manager, Masai Ujiri, after Sunday's loss and came away believing the Raptors won't be able to retain everyone on the roster. There's just not enough money to go around to keep stars Lowry and Serge Ibaka along with key contributors such as PJ Tucker and Patrick Patterson. Via Lowe:

What they won't do: Bring back this same NBA 2K18 MT Coins group. Doing so would vault them at least $30 million over the luxury tax, for a total bill of something like $250 million. You don't pay that for a noncontender.

Profiel  

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 1 bericht ] 

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur