Simca & Matra Sports Club

Nederlandstalig Simca, Matra, Talbot & Sunbeam Forum
Het is nu 18 jun 2018, 18:09

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 1 bericht ] 
Auteur Bericht
BerichtGeplaatst: 29 nov 2017, 09:54 

BALTIMORE -- California Chrome might abandon his Triple Crown bid if New York officials do not allow the colt to wear a nasal strip in the Belmont Stakes. Manuel Wintzheimer Jersey . Trainer Art Sherman made no threats about the Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner passing on a chance to become horse racings 12th Triple Crown winner, but he suggested it was a possibility. "Id have to leave it up to the owners," he said Sunday. "I know theyll be upset." Neither the New York State Gaming Commission nor the New York Racing Association stewards has received a request to use nasal strips in the Belmont on June 7. "If a request to use nasal strips is made, the decision on whether to permit them or not will be fully evaluated and determined by the stewards," Gaming Commission spokesman Lee Park said Sunday. Among the Gaming Commissions rules governing Belmont Park is one that states: Only equipment specifically approved by the stewards shall be worn or carried by a jockey or a horse in a race. In a post on its Twitter feed, NYRA said: "We operate under the rules set forth by (at)NYSGamingCommission." California Chrome has worn a nasal strip during his current six-race winning streak after co-owner Perry Martin wanted to try it. Sherman is based in California and said he wasnt aware that using one in New York might be a problem. He said he would talk to New York racing officials and the horses owners. Some horses, like humans, wear nasal strips to assist breathing. The colt wears the strip only during races, not training. At 1 1/2 miles, the Belmont is the longest and most grueling of the three Triple Crown races. "I think it opens up his air passage and gives him that little extra oomph that he needs, especially going a mile and a half," Sherman said. "Anytime you can have a good air passage, that means a lot for these thoroughbreds." Sherman said Martin likes to try different products and the co-owner thought a nasal strip might benefit California Chrome. "This guy, Perry Martin, he might not run if they say you cant run with a nasal strip. Hes very funny about things like that," the trainer said. "I dont know why they would ban you from wearing one. Well have to cross that bridge when we get there." Other states allow nasal strips while racing, and even some jockeys wear them. "Its something nonmedical that can be beneficial to a workout or a race," California-based trainer Doug ONeill said by phone. "If you think your horse could use some help with their nostrils, you do it." Two years ago, ONeill trained Ill Have Another to victories in the Kentucky Derby and Preakness with the colt wearing a nasal strip. New York officials told ONeill that his horse couldnt wear one in the Belmont. The issue became moot when Ill Have Another was scratched the day before the race because of a leg injury. "I cant imagine them being that ignorant that they would do that again," ONeill said. "New York has gotten a lot better with common sense. It seems like a more rational place now." NYRA has several new officials since 2012, including Martin Panza, the former racing secretary at now-closed Betfair Hollywood Park in California who now oversees racing operations at Belmont, Saratoga and Aqueduct. Sherman said California Chrome came out of Saturdays Preakness in good shape, emptying his feed tub after the race. The colt playfully nibbled on his leather shank outside the barn as his two front legs were washed off Sunday. A worker removed a poultice from each lower front leg, which had been applied under bandages as a precaution to protect the colts tendons. The nasal strip could prove insignificant, as did California Chromes cough that had no impact on his Preakness run. The colt has a small blister in his throat that caused him to cough last week, triggering rumours that he wouldnt run at Pimlico. Sherman thinks California Chrome will win the Triple Crown, something no horse has done since Affirmed in 1978. "I have a good feeling about it. Im really confident," he said. "They better have their running shoes on. I dont care how many fresh shooters they have. Hes the real McCoy." If California Chrome competes, the Belmont Stakes is shaping up as a possible 11-horse race, including two newcomers to the Triple Crown trail: Commissioner, sixth in the Arkansas Derby; and Tonalist, the Peter Pan Stakes winner. Other probables include the second- through fifth-place finishers in the Kentucky Derby: Commanding Curve, Danza, Wicked Strong and Samraat. Intense Holiday, 12th in the Derby, is on the list. Three Preakness runners could return: Ride On Curlin (second), Social Inclusion (third) and Kid Cruz (eighth). Arjen Robben Jersey . -- The way Ted Ligety carved into turns looked so easy. Xabi Alonso Jersey . So heres what I do when I want to get into the baseball mood—I delve into "The Baseball Project". http://www.bayernmunichfcstore.com/authentic-marco-friedl-bayern-munich-jersey/ . The Tournament of Champions, which starts Friday, is his first event since a freak accident in Shanghai two months ago. Snedeker was on a Segway scooter during a corporate outing at Sheshan International when he took a tumble and injured his left knee. DENVER -- Randy Foyes first season in Denver got off to a slow start. Its suddenly on the upswing. Foye scored a season-high 23 points, connecting on seven 3-pointers, and the Nuggets routed the Boston Celtics 129-98 on Tuesday night for their third straight win after an eight-game losing streak. "Even when I was missing shots, I just constantly said, This is not me," said Foye, who converted 8 of 17 shots from the field, including 7 of 12 from 3-point range. That was a big improvement from an overall conversion rate of 35 per cent from the field in his previous 14 games. "I knew the only way I could get through something like that is you put the effort forward and thats what I continued to do," Foye said. "I just knew I was going to fight through it, and tonight I felt like my old self." Teammate Ty Lawson sensed Foye was on the verge of an offensive breakthrough. "I told him, Youre getting wide open shots. All youve got to do is set your feet and knock em down," Lawson said. "Thats what hes been working on, getting his shot right. Hes been showing improvement and now hes making everybody better. And for us to win like we want to win, he has to knock down shots." Lawson and Kenneth Faried followed Foyes lead. Faried had 21 points and 13 rebounds and Lawson added 19 points and 13 assists for the Nuggets, who sent the Celtics to their fifth loss in a row and reversed a 106-98 loss at Boston on Dec. 6. The Nuggets returned to .500 (17-17) with the victory, though the team said after the game that Wilson Chandler was day to day after straining his left groin late in the third quarter. "I think it was motivation from the last game," Lawson said. "They jumped on us 39-15, something crazy, in the first quarter last time. We wanted to make a point that youre not going to just do that to us and get away with it and thats what we did. Foye was making shots, and spreading their defence out and Faried and J.J (Hickson) were taking care of things down low." Jerryd Bayless, acquired earlier in the day by Boston as part of a three team trade that also involved Memphis and Oklahoma, had 6 points in 25 minutes in his Celtics debut. Jeff Green led Boston with 17 points. Brandon Bass had 15 and Avery Bradley 12 but the 31-point loss stood out as the Celtics worst defeat in the all-time series with the Nuggets. Kingsley Coman Jersey. "Tonights just not good enough. Its not good enough," Celtics coach Brad Stevens said. "Were going to have to play really well to beat these teams on the road. Everybodys going to have to play close to an A game, and thats everybody. Today was disappointing." Both teams lost a key figure to ejection during a testy third quarter, when the Nuggets led by as many 32 points, their biggest lead of the night. Bostons Jared Sullinger was tossed with 8:43 left in the third quarter after he picked up two flagrant fouls within 23 seconds of each other. Nuggets coach Brian Shaw drew two technicals in succession and was ejected with 2:43 left in the third quarter by referee Rodney Mott for arguing with him over a call during a timeout. Faried, Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov all had dunks off alley-oop passes in the third quarter, and Faried converted a three-point play with 4:21 left in the period to put the Nuggets up by 32 points, their biggest lead of the night. Boston never led at any point in the game. "We didnt get back on defence. We gave up a lot of dunks and uncontested layups. Were not playing hard enough," Bostons Jordan Crawford said. The Nuggets built a 68-45 lead in the first half, closing the second quarter with a 10-run that included a 3-pointer by Foye and back-to-back dunks off the fastbreak by Faried and J.J. Hickson. Denver made 10 of its 3-pointers in registering a season-high in first-half scoring, including four by Foye. NOTES: The Nuggets said Chandler would undergo a precautionary MRI scan Wednesday because the groin strain occurred on the same side as a previous hip surgery. ... Andre Miller remains on personal leave from the Nuggets and the team has given no indication on when or if hell rejoin the club. Miller has been away from the team since a verbal clash with coach Brian Shaw during a New Years Day loss to Philadelphia over his lack of playing time. ... Foye has scored in double figures in each of his last six games. ... Boston gave up season highs in points to an opponent in consecutive games. The previous high came two days ago when Oklahoma City scored 119. ... The Celtics have lost nine of their last 10 games against the Nuggets at the Pepsi Center. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Profiel  

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 1 bericht ] 

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur